No. The Leak Defender® is sold as an individual unit as not every truck has dual tanks (e.g. vocational trucks) & not everyone needs/wants to replace both. If you have dual fuel tanks, you will need to order 2.
No. Unfortunately, we don’t offer locking fuel caps right now as the current design of a locking fuel cap would render it subject to leaks which the Leak Defender® was developed to fix, so that just won’t work.
What we do have, is an anti-siphon we created that works exclusively with the Leak Defender® to help prevent fuel theft. We also have a very creative inventor who is working on a locking fuel cap design that will not leak, so we will eventually have one available.
The Leak Defender® will work on ALL MODELS of International, Kenworth, Mack, Peterbilt, Western Star, and Volvo Trucks. And it will work on all Freightliner models with push-n-twist style caps.
Yes. This is why we invented the Leak Defender®! In cases where the threads are completely worn/stripped and a fuel cap will no longer thread on to the fuel neck, you may need to implement a simple 2-step work around,
- Use a wire brush to clean your fuel neck threads.
- Attach metal tape (preferred) or teflon tape around your fuel neck threads, making sure to work it into the threads to give the Leak Defender® more material to bite onto.
No. The Leak Defender® doesn’t come with a vented fuel cap. Your fuel tank has to breathe & in order to breathe, your tank must have a vent somewhere that will relieve both vacuum and pressure.
No. The Leak Defender® is securely fastened to your fuel filler neck with set screws.
It’s as Easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Fill out our Contact Us form. Under “What can we help you with?”, select “Returns, Exchanges & Warranty”, enter your order number and under “Message”, tell us if you would like a return or exchange and why you’re returning or exchanging your product(s).
2. Package your product(s). Once we have processed your return/exchange, we will email you an approval email with your return merchandise authorization (RMA) number, a return shipping label and instructions for packing up your product(s).
Please be sure to use the package size and carrier indicated. This is important! If it is not, the carrier will return your shipment back to you.
3. Drop off your package to the carrier or schedule a FREE pickup.
The Leak Defender® is machined from billet aluminum allowing it to be made with a high degree of precision & with the strength to withstand everyday wear & tear.
It’s simple! Just twist, tighten with a strap wrench & install set screws. Please see our Installation Videos for specific instructions for your truck.
The Leak Defender® installs in just minutes…Minimizing downtime! Just twist, tighten with a strap wrench & install set screws. Watch our Installation Videos to see how quick & easy it installs.